We believe God intended for the Christian life to be done in community with other believers and they should gather together often to worship God through Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit. The people who gather, not the place where they gather is called a church. The study or doctrine of the local church is called Ecclesiology. We believe membership in a local church is absolutely essential for both your spiritual growth in God and your endurance to finish strong and then see God after death.
1. Come Forward
- At the end of a worship service on Sunday morning, visit Next Steps in the main lobby or fill out this form with your information and someone will contact you.
- We will introduce you to a deacon (those who simply want to serve you). Your deacon will be your guide through the membership process.
- Your deacon will meet with you to explain the membership process. Because the church is the body of believers in Christ (Christians), he will ask you to share with him about how you became a follower of Jesus. If you are uncertain about this, he will gladly share with you how you may know Jesus personally and be certain of your salvation.
- This is not required if you have previously been baptized as a believer by immersion in a Christian church.
3. Complete a Discover Providence Class
- The class is offered several times a year.
- It is not required for those under 18 years old to complete the class.
4. Be Introduced
- The final step is to be introduced to the congregation during an evening service. A reception for new members follows the service.