We believe God intended for the Christian life to be done in community with other believers and they should gather together often to worship God through Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit. The people who gather, not the place where they gather is called a church. The study or doctrine of the local church is called Ecclesiology. We believe membership in a local church is absolutely essential for both your spiritual growth in God and your endurance to finish strong and then see God after death.
1. Come Forward
- Come forward at the end of a Sunday worship service or visit Next Steps in the main lobby and let us know you are interested in becoming a member.
- We will introduce you to a deacon (those who simply want to serve you). Your deacon will be your guide through the membership process.
- Your deacon will meet with you to explain the membership process. Because the church is the body of believers in Christ (Christians), he will ask you to share with him about how you became a follower of Jesus. If you are uncertain about this, he will gladly share with you how you may know Jesus personally and be certain of your salvation.
- This is not required if you have previously been baptized as a believer by immersion in a Christian church.
3. Complete the New Member Seminar
- The New Member Seminar is offered on Saturdays several times a year. It is not required for children or youth (These ministries provide their own orientation).
Spring 2018 Dates // TBD
4. Be Introduced
- The final step is to be introduced to the congregation during an evening service. A reception for new members follows the service.