In January of 2022, we joined a ministry partner, (RHPs) Refugee Hope Partners and several other churches in an outreach to Afghan Refugees temporarily placed in a hotel down the street from Providence. Now, those families are dispersed into homes and communities around Raleigh. As we continue to engage our friends, our outreach has shifted to five (5) primary areas of ministry. We would love to have you join our efforts:
Please pray for our outreach ministry.
2. Monday Night Fellowships: 2nd & 4th Monday of each Month
We gather to fellowship and share a meal, all in hopes of building relationships and assisting them in their journey to anchor in Raleigh, NC. On Monday nights, we have begun separating families. Women and children meet in Ballroom 1 and Men and Teenage boys meet in Ballroom We need volunteers to engage with women, attend to children and engage
3. Friday Morning Ladies’ Tea: 2nd Friday of each Month
We gather for a LADIES ONLY fellowship to build community.
4. Donate Needed Items to bless the families
When you are out shopping for your family, pick up an item for the ministry to offer families during our family visits.
- Baby Diapers (Pampers, etc) All Sizes
- Tide Family Size Liquid Laundry Detergent w/ Rolls of Quarters
- Fresh Medjool Pitted Dates, Pistachios, Cardamon Spice
- Boys/Girls Lunch Boxes w/ Water Bottle
- Sports Ball (Basket, Soccer, Dodge, etc Balls)
(Label any items: Afghan Refugee/Local Outreach and drop them by Room 127, Church Reception, the Pick Up Closet or Room 618. Then, text/email us that you have dropped them off). PLEASE help us alleviate confusion and DO NOT drop items at the Welcome Desk or Security.
5. Family Engagement
RHPs is being inundated with requests to assist with job coaching and/or application filing, practicing English, transportation, etc. Offer to assist with home visits, filing/completing applications, homework help, etc.