Living Waters is a Christ-centered discipleship course and prayer ministry for men and women across the Triangle: single and married, all ages 18 and over, and all relational/sexual issues*. It is a proven path of healing and transformation for believers** worldwide.
Living Waters is being offered on Thursday evenings, September 16 through March 24, 7 – 9:30 PM, with frequent, scheduled breaks. Complete an application now through September 12.
To learn more, see our FAQs below.
* What are relational wounds and sexual brokenness issues? Anything that keeps us from loving well, such as failed marriages, emotional dependency, abuse, narcissism, sexual promiscuity and addiction, pornography use, gender insecurity, self-hatred, sexual identity confusion, same-sex attraction, homosexuality, and asexuality.
** Faith in Jesus Christ is required of all persons who participate in Living Waters. This is not an effort to restrict or be exclusive but believing in Jesus as the source of our healing is needed to go deeper into a relationship with God and to deal with the wounds and needs within our hearts. Such faith also opens relationships with others. This commonality in faith helps create safety and trust for other persons in the small groups of Living Waters. Non-believers may participate in any of the other Providence support groups described on this website, and may also set an appointment to meet with a pastor or counselor to discuss faith issues, including accepting Jesus as their personal savior, healer, and friend.
Why would someone go to Living Waters?
- Marital problems
- Effects of abuse
- Poor boundaries
- Sexual addiction or promiscuity
- Inability to trust
- Anger or forgiveness
- Gender identity issues
- Unwanted same-sex attraction
- Shame and self-hatred
Living Waters provides a thoughtful and safe place to look at the ways we’ve become ensnared. Through weekly times of worship, teaching, and small group prayer, our program leaders walk with participants in their struggle so they can live in freedom and truth. We pray for God’s healing to restore broken areas of life so that people can “love well” as God intended.
Living Waters is a 21-week closed* group for men and women seeking healing in their lives. It is an intensive and unique small group. Ultimately, we learn how to press into Jesus more deeply, allowing Him to meet our needs and transform us for His Kingdom purposes. With groups all over the world, and with over thirty years of ministering God’s healing love, the Living Waters program is a proven path of healing.
Through the worship, teaching, prayer, and small groups of Living Waters we learn about:
- God’s powerful love for us and how Jesus is central to our hope for wholeness
- The depth of our brokenness and our profound need for Him
- The power of the cross to restore our souls, sexuality, and relationships
- The process of walking out our healing
- Our place in the church and loving others honorably
*New participants not accepted after Living Waters begins.
How is Living Waters presented?
Each meeting includes:
- Worship – we focus our attention and praise on God rather than our problems.
- The Word – Living Waters’ teachings combine biblical truths and psychological insights that help us to know God and ourselves better.
- The works of Jesus – Through healing prayer in large and small group settings, we invite the Holy Spirit to heal our various wounds. We bring our sings, and those committed against us, to the Lord who is faithful to set us free.
Both genders are represented. We value men and women working out their healing together. Great healing comes as men and women minister and receive alongside one another in worship, teaching, and prayer in the large group (though the small groups are same-sex). This reflects God’s intention and character. Foundational to Living Waters is the reality that God created us in His image as male and female.
Is Living Waters for me?
- A desire to deepen your relationship with Christ
- A willingness to face the sinfulness of your present state and the painful realities that led you there. This involves exploring hurts from your past specifically related to key people in your life, such as your parents
- A willingness to be open and honest with others about your brokenness, including sexual feelings and practices, as well as issues of identity and emotional immaturity
- A desire to grow in the truth that you are God’s gift to others in your gender and sexual self
- A willingness to receive the healing ministry of the Holy Spirit in these deep areas
- A desire and willingness to walk out of sinful patterns
- A desire to grow in your relationship in the body of Christ
- A desire to become a good gift to your local church
What will I learn?
- Acknowledging our need for God
- Receiving God’s love
- Discovering who we are designed to be as relational and sexual beings made in God’s image
- The power of the cross and confession
- Renouncing our idols
- Reconciliation between men and women
- How to deal with the pain in your life
- The power of forgiving others and ourselves
- Learning how to set healthy boundaries
- Healing of father, mother, and foundational wounds
- Healing from abuse
- The roots of gender brokenness
- Understanding and overcoming addiction
- Embracing the church as our healing community
- Building healthy relationships over the course of a lifetime
“God used Living Waters to expose the roots of the broken patterns in my life so I could truly begin to heal for the first time.” – Living Waters Participant
Where/When is it?
How much does Living Waters cost?
Is Living Waters really a 20-week program? Why?
Does Living Waters have a confidentiality policy and agreements?
Who can I talk to for more information?