Living Waters is a 21-week Christ-centered small group discipleship course and prayer ministry for men and women, 18 years and older, who are struggling with relational/sexual brokenness. It is designed to help people address and work through:
Participation in Living Waters is limited to professing Christians. Believing in Jesus Christ as the true source of healing is foundational in growing deeper in relationship and dealing with wounds and needs without the heart. Commonality of faith helps create safety and trust among small group participants within Living Waters.
Living Waters Gatherings include: worship, teaching from the Word, prayer, and dedicated gender-based small group time.
Registration closes September 22.
You may want to consider participating in Living Waters if the following statements describe you:
● A desire to deepen your relationship with Christ
● A willingness to face the sinfulness of your present state and the painful realities that led you there. This involves exploring hurts from your past specifically related to key people in your life, such as your parents
● A willingness to be open and honest with others about your brokenness, including sexual feelings and practices, as well as issues of identity and emotional immaturity
● A desire to grow in the truth that you are God’s gift to others in your gender and sexual self
● A willingness to receive the healing ministry of the Holy Spirit in these deep areas
● A desire and willingness to walk out of sinful patterns
● A desire to grow in your relationship in the body of Christ
● A desire to become a good gift to your local church
Living Waters uses a detailed guidebook that includes teachings, questions and additional readings that help us move from brokenness to maturity. Some topics addressed include:
● Acknowledging our need for God
● Receiving God’s love
● Discovering who we are designed to be as relational and sexual beings made in God’s image
● The power of the cross and confession
● Renouncing our idols
● Reconciliation between men and woman
● How to deal with the pain in your life
● The power of forgiving others and ourselves
● Learning how to set healthy boundaries
● Healing of father, mother and foundational wounds ● Healing from abuse
● The roots of gender brokenness
● Understanding and overcoming addiction
● Embracing the church as our healing community
● Building healthy relationships over the course of a lifetime
Providence Church in Raleigh, NC sponsors Living Waters. Applications are being accepted now through September 22nd. The course will meet Thursday evenings from October 5, 2023 through April 18 th , 2024, with frequent, scheduled breaks; additional inclement-weather make-up days may be added.
The cost is $175. Payment plans and scholarships are available for those with financial need. The cost covers the books and the training of leaders.
Yes. Living Waters is a 20-lesson program with a total of 21 weeks (the first evening is orientation). The length of the program allows for participants to deepen trust in God and Others.
Living Waters is a closed-group format (new participants not accepted after Living Waters begins). A confidentiality policy is enforced to ensure trust and safety in the small groups. Each participant reads, agrees to and signs a confidentiality agreement, an agreement regarding social interaction with other participants, and a liability release agreement.