What You Can Expect (In-Person Worship Services)
Register to attend a worship service
- To attend a service, you will need to register you or your family each week in advance due to limited seating capacity. Registration will open on Monday mornings and close Saturday night. The registration link will be posted on this page.
- Providence staff and volunteers will register your attendance prior to entering the Worship Center so that contact tracing can be possible.
Options for kids who attend
We welcome and encourage you to attend the worship service with your kids. The nursery and groups for kids are available (with weekly registration) for birth – 5th grade. See below for more details.
- Providence staff and volunteers will wear masks. We strongly recommend and ask that everyone over the age of 4 wear a mask while in the building.
- Masks are provided at check-in stations and the welcome desk in the main lobby.
- We will have congregational singing, as we normally do, at the beginning and the end of the worship service. Please continue to wear your mask while singing.
- Those leading us in worship from the platform will not wear a mask when speaking or singing.
Worship Center seating
- Upon entering the Worship Center, staff and volunteers will help direct you to a grouping of seats that matches your group size.
- All chairs in the Worship Center are pre-set to abide by safe social distancing standards. They are grouped in clusters of 2, 3, 4, and 6 chairs. We ask that you sit with family or roommates in a cluster that fits your group size. Those coming alone are welcome to sit in any single or double chair seating. We also ask that chairs not be moved in order to ensure we meet safety protocols.
Creating a touchless gathering
- Staff and volunteers will verbally welcome and greet you as you arrive but will avoid shaking hands or hugging (You are able to enter through the main and east entrances only. All other doors will be badge access only.).
- We will prop or hold open the doors to the lobby, Worship Center, and restrooms.
- The water fountains will be unavailable. Please feel free to bring your own water bottle.
- Coffee will not be served, but feel free to bring your own.
- Printed bulletins are no longer distributed. However, a digital version will be in the Providence mobile app under Sunday Resources and here.
- Offering baskets are no longer passed during services. Drop boxes are available at the exits for any who choose to give in that manner. Online giving is always available.
- On the first Sunday of each month, elements for the Lord’s Supper will be available for pick up as you enter the Worship Center.
Keeping a clean environment
- We will thoroughly sanitize the facilities prior to your arrival and will continue to clean throughout the morning.
- We will provide hand sanitizing stations throughout the lobby and Worship Center.
- Once dismissed, please exit the facility and avoid congregating in the lobby or hallways. This will allow staff and volunteers time to clean and prepare for those attending the next worship service.
Social distancing measures
- We will have signs displayed encouraging cooperation with appropriate social distancing guidelines to help us avoid gathering in crowds.
- The number of people allowed in the restroom at one time will be limited so as to maintain social distancing.
Keeping everyone healthy
- Upon their arrival at Providence, we ask staff and volunteers to confirm they are symptom-free and check their temperature.
- If you are uncomfortable in large gatherings, feel sick, are positive for COVID-19, or have been around someone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you refrain from attending an in-person worship service at this time.